Early projections for the project suggest:
- 1.5 million square feet of office space
- More than 1,300 residential units
- More than 500 hotel rooms
- 100,000 square feet of retail
2012 Vision Burnham Place Site Plan
Burnham Place will demonstrate the vision and ability of the nation’s capital to execute on a technically and economically ambitious project vision matched by few other cities around the world. The project offers a host of features including:
- Visual transformation of an existing rail yard and overpass into a thriving commercial neighborhood.
- Grand plazas and parks, new station entrances accessible from H Street, and an elevated “greenway” for walking, running, and biking which will provide a direct connection into the NoMa neighborhood.
- Multiple new pedestrian connections to and from the adjoining neighborhoods
- Design with great sensitivity to historic resources and assets.
- Coordination of planning with all stakeholders and multiple reviews at the local and federal levels.
Amtrak – Amtrak’s Union Station Master Plan proposes a tripling in passenger capacity at the station. View the 2012 Vision plan here.
Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC) - As the holder of a 99-year ground lease from the U.S. Department of Transportation for Union Station, USRC (a nonprofit corporation) serves as the Landlord and overseer for planning and redevelopment efforts in and around Union Station.
Union Station - this site provides logistical information about the current activities at Union Station.
Union Station Investco (USI) - Controlled by Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation, this entity is the retail developer for nearly all commercial activity occurring inside Union Station.
Interested in learning more?